Section 1. NAME
The name of this Association shall be “WILL COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION, LTD”, an Illinois Not-for-Profit Corporation.
Section 2. PURPOSE
- To promote justice and uphold the Constitution of the United States of America and the State of Illinois;
- To foster the highest ethical standards, integrity, and honor of the legal profession;
- To provide education and professional support to members of the Association;
- To improve the quality of the judicial system, the administration of justice and the procedures inherent in the provision of legal services
- To promote the delivery of legal services to all members of the community;
- To establish and foster a Lawyer Referall Service for Will County;
- To promote the legal profession through community service and education; and
- To promote the spirit of good will, collegiality, and civility within the legal community;
Section 3. ASSETS OF THE CORPORATION
- No part of the net income of this Corporation shall inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or any individual;
- In the event of the dissolution of this Corporation, all the assets remaining after the payment of obligation shall be distributed to organizations which are exempt from federal income tax under section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code and in accordance with Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code relating to charitable, scientific, literary and educational organizations as determined by the Association.